In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through the various aspects of the Weighted Scoring feature. Whether you're new to our platform or an experienced user, this guide will provide step-by-step instructions and tips to help you make the most out of this powerful tool. Let's dive in!
Let's Start with an Example 💡
Weighted scoring works by assigning a value or 'weight' to a specific question or step in a template. For multiple choice steps, you can assign different weight values to each response. A score is then calculated by adding up all the individual scores received for each step and dividing that by the total available points.
- Step Question: "Are the high-traffic areas sanitized this morning?"
- Step Type: Multi Choice Question
- Response Options: Yes / No
- Yes = 5 points
- No = 1 points
- Total available points = 5 points
If the user selects "No" they will be awarded 1 of 5 points for that question (20%).
Section 1: Enabling Weighted Scoring in Template Builder
Enabling weighted scoring within a template is a straightforward process. Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Create a new template via "+ Add New" button on "Operations Templates" screen (or select an existing Template and navigate to the "Edit" button to open the Template Builder)
- Once you are on the Template Builder screen, locate the "Weighted Scoring" toggle in the upper-right and activate it
Section 2: Weighted Scoring Settings
You can further customize Weighted Scoring by navigating to the Template's Settings
Show Score in Submission In Progress View
- Allow users working on a submission to see the score as they complete each section.
Show Scoring by Step
- Score will appear against each step in the Report Portal and PDF.
Show Score in Report
- Score will appear in Report Portal and PDF.
Example: Show Score in Submission In Progress View
Section 3: View Scoring Across All Submissions
Navigate to the Reporting tab -> Template Submissions Report
Section 4: View Scoring for Individual Template Submissions
Once a template is submitted, you can view scoring details in the Submission Inbox View, Submission Report, and Submission PDF Report. Check out the video guide below for more details.