Improving your work order management helps organizations boost the efficiency and life of their equipment. Xenia is designed to make this easy for you. Let’s explore how.
Downtime at work isn't exactly avoidable. Sometimes your best efforts still result in an equipment breakdown.
The key, however, is to manage the breakdown efficiently and make sure more time isn't wasted in resolving the issue.
So, what's the best way to resolve an equipment breakdown?
Digitizing reactive work orders with Xenia
Xenia lets you log all such incidents in one app from anywhere. You can create reactive work orders on the go and assign them to an available team member. Setting a high priority allows you to prioritize the breakdown so your team members are quickly able to resume operations.
Various Xenia modules come together to speed up the repair:
- Tasks & Work Orders: Create a reactive work order and add all the relevant details.
- Users dashboard: Check team member availability before assigning.
- Checklists: Use an inspection or repair checklist to speed up diagnosis and repair.
- Instant messaging: Collaborate with team members in real-time to troubleshoot as a team.
- Notifications: Receive alerts for all updates on the work order.
- Public feeds: Notify the entire team that work has finished and the downtime has ended.
Once the repair is set to begin, the assignee can review all the work order details from their mobile device. They can also use checklists to facilitate inspections and diagnose issues quickly. Once their done inspecting and repairing, they can complete the task in-app which notifies the team that the downtime has ended.
All these activities are trackable in real time from both desktop and mobile, which means all stakeholders know exactly how far an organization is in the process of resolving the breakdown at any given time.
Xenia in action
Here's what happens when an equipment breakdown occurs at a facility that uses Xenia.
Alex works as a facility manager at a construction company called TrueConstruct. One of the rollers at the site has stopped working. This was being used as a key component of a road paving project. Let's see how this problem is resolved via Xenia.
- Once notified, Alex quickly creates a work order on Xenia from the Tasks & Work Orders dashboard.
- He adds the relevant details along with the equipment ID and location. One of the motors seems to be malfunctioning. This needs to be repaired. He takes a picture of the roller and also of the motor. He adds both of these to the work order.
- Next, he checks which of the employees are available to take on this task. He goes to the user dashboard and finds a user who is available to take on the task.
- Jeremy's status says that he's Available. The work order gets assigned to him. The priority is set high and the deadline is tomorrow. This needs to be resolved ASAP.
- Jeremy receives an instant notification and gets to the location. He views the work order details and gets to work.
- Next, he finds a Roller inspection checklist from Xenia's public template library to diagnose the problem.
- When he encounters a problem or needs more information, he uses Xenia's instant chat to reach out to technicians. His colleagues respond promptly and help him troubleshoot on the go.
- Once the problem is fixed, Jeremy updates the work order status to 'Completed'. This update notifies Alex that the machine has been restored.
- Alex sends a message in one of TrueConstruct's public feeds within Xenia to notify the entire team that the equipment downtime has ended and the machine is ready for use.
Please sign in to leave a comment.